Thursday, July 15, 2010

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chunk Cookies


I happened to notice that we had a giant jar of peanut butter sitting in our cupboard. And while I’m not a huge fan of PB sandwiches, I am a big fan of cookies. So I decided that this jar of PB was destined for greater things. I think I discovered the recipe from the internet, and it was so perfect that it is now a staple in my baking repertoire.

Ingredients:

· 3/4 cup margarine/butter (or whatever’s your bag. I’m a butter girl)
· 1 cup white sugar
· 1 cup brown sugar
· 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
· 2 eggs
· 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
· 2 1/2 cups flour
· 1 t baking soda
· 1/2 t salt
· 250g milk chocolate, chopped ( I like using the Whittaker’s brand, and chop it fairly chunky)

Method:

Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius. Beat butter/marg, sugars, and PB until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in the chocolate pieces. Drop heaped teaspoons of dough onto a lined/greased cookie tray. Bake for 12-15 min or until lightly browned.
Let them stand before removing from tray. They will crisp up on cooling.

Note: The recipe makes heaps, approx 70 cookies. Also, the balls of dough also freeze really well. I like to keep a stash in the freezer in a zip-lock bag, and just bung them straight in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message!